2 matching entries and 812 matching sentences.

Sentences

我們一個月開會一次。

We hold a meeting once a month.

Source: Tatoeba

評論員對巫巫茲拉的聲音作出了各種各樣的描述:除了「煩人」、「像魔鬼一般」之外,還把它比作「一群嘈吵的大象」、「一群嗡嗡狂叫的蝗蟲」、「一隻準備給屠宰的山羊」、「一個裝滿發狂的蜜蜂的巨大蜂巢」、「一隻吃了搖頭丸的鴨子」等等。

Commentators have variously described the sound of vuvuzelas as "annoying" and "satanic" and compared it with "a stampede of noisy elephants", "a deafening swarm of locusts", "a goat on the way to slaughter", "a giant hive full of very angry bees", and "a duck on speed".

Source: Tatoeba

我會使你成為一個男子漢。

I will make a man of you.

Source: Tatoeba

這是一個東方的概念,用西班牙語不太好解釋。

This is an East Asian concept -- it's a little tricky to explain in Spanish.

Source: Tatoeba

山米戴維斯是一個優秀的歌手。

Sammy Davis was an excellent singer.

Source: Tatoeba

我昨晚做了一個惡夢。

I had a horrible dream last night.

I had a bad dream last night.

Source: Tatoeba

一個美麗的女人坐在我前面一排。

A beautiful woman was seated one row in front of me.

Source: Tatoeba

他讓我等了一個小時。

He kept me waiting for an hour.

Source: Tatoeba

這一個還活著。

This one's still alive.

Source: Tatoeba

她住在一個很大的房子裡。

She lives in a huge house.

Source: Tatoeba

他誤以為我是一個英國人。

He mistook me for an Englishman.

Source: Tatoeba

"先生, 你是一個帝國主義者!" "而你, 先生, 是一個巨魔。"

"You, Sir, are an imperialist!" "And you, Sir, are a troll."

Source: Tatoeba

在所有童話故事裡出現的女巫中,沒有一個比沙女巫更討人喜歡、更善於交際了。這位女巫住在海邊堆積如山的沙子下面,夏天的時候,人們會在那裡用鏟子挖沙。她和其他女巫完全不同。她從不騎掃帚,也從不鑽煙囪。首先,海灘上根本沒有掃帚和煙囪;其次,就算有,她也不知道怎麼騎掃帚或鑽煙囪。沙女巫只會做一件事:遇到害怕的東西就鑽進沙裡;遇到不認識的人,就從沙子裡鑽出來。現在你知道沙女巫是什麼了吧。如果七歲的小詹克斯當時被曬得通紅,他知道你所知道的一切,那麼在七月一個炎熱的早晨,當他突然遭遇這場突如其來的災難時,他就能更好地應對了。

Of all the witches that may be found in all the fairy tales ever told there is none more delightfully sociable than the Sand Witch. This Witch, who lives underneath the heaps of sand at the ocean's edge, where, in the summertime, you dig with your shovel, is not at all like other witches. She never rides on a broomstick, and she never goes down chimneys. In the first place there are no broomsticks or chimneys on the beach at the sea-shore, and in the second place she would not know how to ride on a broomstick or climb down a chimney, if there were. All the Sand Witch knows how to do is to sink into the sand when anything scares her, and to come up through the sand when she sees a chance to get acquainted with a person she never was acquainted with before. So now you know what a Sand Witch is. And if Junior Jenks, seven years old, and dreadfully sunburnt, had known what you know, he would have been much better prepared to face the one that came up right under his nose all of a sudden one hot July morning.

Source: Tatoeba

西爾維奧·貝盧斯科尼除了是一位意大利政治家和現任的意大利總理,也是一個成功的商人。

Silvio Berlusconi is an Italian politician, the current Prime Minister of Italy, as well as a successful entrepreneur.

Source: Tatoeba

她生下了一個健康的嬰兒。

She gave birth to a healthy baby.

Source: Tatoeba

你曾經愛過一個男人嗎?

Have you ever loved a man?

Source: Tatoeba

他是一個哈佛的學生。

He is a student at Harvard.

Source: Tatoeba

對一個科學家來說,情緒化是不好的。

It is not good for a scientist to get emotional.

Source: Tatoeba

他可能還在世界的某一個角落裏生存着。

He could still be alive somewhere.

Source: Tatoeba

上週他們生了一個孩子。

They had a baby last week.

Source: Tatoeba

我犯了一個錯。

I made a mistake.

Source: Tatoeba

嘿-嘿... 那個地方的背後有一個故事。

He-heh... there's a tale behind that, for that place.

Source: Tatoeba

數學對我來說是一個容易的科目。

Mathematics is an easy subject for me.

Source: Tatoeba

你想成為一個怎樣的人?

What kind of person do you want to be?

Source: Tatoeba

湯姆是一個電子工程師。

Tom is an electrical engineer.

Source: Tatoeba

該計劃是一個大成功。

The project was a great success.

Source: Tatoeba

我夢見的是一個沒有戰爭的、和平的世界。

The world which I saw in my dream was a peaceful world devoid of war.

Source: Tatoeba

「pecan」是一個發音比較刁鑽的詞,有好幾種不同的發音方式。

"Pecan" is one of those tricky words that gets pronounced in several different ways.

Source: Tatoeba

我只是一個普通的上班族。

I'm just a plain office worker.

I'm just a regular office worker.

Source: Tatoeba

他給了湯姆一個重要的地位。

He gave Tom an important position.

Source: Tatoeba