1 matching entry and 164 matching sentences.

Sentences

他因為發燒而滿臉通紅。

Fever flushed his cheeks.

Source: Tatoeba

因為我的房間面向南邊, 即使在冬天都不會那麼冷。

As my room faces south, it's not too cold even in winter.

Source: Tatoeba

他因為生病而放棄了學業。

Illness made him give up his studies.

Source: Tatoeba

我選這個主題是因為我覺得它很有意思。

I chose this topic because I think it is interesting.

Source: Tatoeba

倫敦過去因為經濟和文化的緣故,十分重要。

London was very important for economical and cultural reasons.

Source: Tatoeba

我是因為太忙,所以才沒有回信給你的。

I didn't answer your letter, because I was busy.

Source: Tatoeba

她因為健康因素休學了。

She has dropped out of school due to health issues.

Source: Tatoeba

真的很對不起,因為一些私人的理由,我想請你把見面日期改為三月六日。

I am very sorry that I have to ask you to change the meeting date to March 6 due to personal reasons.

Source: Tatoeba

她遇到了麻煩,因為她弄丟了她的護照。

She was in trouble because she lost her passport.

Source: Tatoeba

他們打電話給醫生因為這個孩子生病了。

They called in a doctor because the child was ill.

Source: Tatoeba

教授罵了約翰一頓因為他翹了幾堂課。

The professor scolded John for skipping class.

Source: Tatoeba

不要因為他窮就看不起他。

Don't look down on him merely because he is poor.

Source: Tatoeba

因為空氣汙染的問題,也許有一天自行車會取代汽車。

Because of the problem of air pollution, the bicycle may some day replace the automobile.

Source: Tatoeba

你無法把這個手提箱關上,因為你已經塞了太多東西進去了。

You can't get the suitcase closed because you've stuffed too much into it.

Source: Tatoeba

我們因為風暴推遲了起程。

We postponed our departure because of the storm.

Source: Tatoeba

因為窗簾閉上了,所以無法望進裏面。

I can't see in because the curtains are closed.

Source: Tatoeba

我們因為只有一個地球,所以更要懂得愛護它。

Because we only have one earth, we need to understand more how to care for it.

Source: Tatoeba

印度國旗叫做「三色旗」,因為它是由三條不同顏色的色條組成的 ﹣ 橙黃色、白色和綠色。

The Indian flag is called the tricolour because it has stripes of three colours – saffron, white and green.

Source: Tatoeba

他因為這些樹而看不見森林。

Because of these trees, he can't see the forest.

Source: Tatoeba

簡單來說,就是因為我附在上一封電郵的「plan.doc」檔案被電腦病毒感染了。

In short, it is because the 'plan.doc' file I attached in the previous email was infected with a virus.

Source: Tatoeba

拉斐爾萊唐表示,在巴西,職業棋手很難獲得贊助,因為西洋棋在巴西並不流行。

According to Rafael Leitão, it is very difficult for a professional chess player to get sponsorship in Brazil, because chess is not popular in our country.

Source: Tatoeba

我因為門關著進不去。

I couldn't enter because the door was closed.

Source: Tatoeba

今天是 2013 年 6 月 27 日。藍色夢想不只有一種,而是有很多種。國際語並非唯一。幾十年來,一直存在著其他拉丁語系的人工語言,分別屬於不同的專案。未來,有些人寄望於其他語言。但世界語,這個綠色夢想,卻成功傳承了一個多世紀。幾十年來,推行世界語的革命嘗試都以失敗告終,因為真正的世界語擁有一種無法篡改的藝術平衡。世界語依然歷久不衰。在藍色陣營中,我仍然選擇國際語。應該有更多的人給它一個機會。世界語的重音賦予了這種語言一種魅力,或許正是這種魅力推動了它多年來的生存。但世界上也有其他替代方案。

It is the 27th of June of 2013. The Blue Dreams are plural. The Blue Dreams are many. Interlingua is not the only one. For decades now, there have existed other Latinate conlangs, different projects. And in the future, some hope for others. But it has been the Green Dream, Esperanto, that has succeeded for more than a century. Reforms attempted upon Esperanto have met with failure over the decades because genuine Esperanto has an artistic balance with which one cannot tamper. Esperanto remains enduring. Amongst the Blues, my vote is still Interlingua. More people should give it a chance. Esperanto's accents give a charm to the language that perhaps boosted its survival over the years. There are substitute systems.

Source: Tatoeba

因為暴風雨,他們晚了一步抵達。

Because of the storm, they arrived a bit late.

Source: Tatoeba

地球跟其它星球不同是因為它有水。

The difference between Earth and the other planets is that Earth has water.

Source: Tatoeba

哥倫布曾經在當地人偷了他的鸚鵡之後決定完全地燒毀整個村莊。因為他不能焚燒他們的水,所以他感到失望。於是他發明了氟。

Christopher Columbus once decided to burn absolutely everything in an entire village after one of the natives stole his parrot. He was disappointed that he couldn't burn their water. So he invented fluorine.

Source: Tatoeba

王先生學德文,因為他想在德國工作。

Mr. Wang learnt German because he wanted to work in Germany.

Source: Tatoeba

你是因為我說的話而生氣的嗎?

Are you angry because of what I said?

Source: Tatoeba

我們罷工是因為公司沒有改善我們的工資。

The reason we're on strike is that the company hasn't improved our wages.

We're on strike because the company hasn't improved our wages.

Source: Tatoeba

因為今天我沒法上街購物,只好做點三明治將就將就。

As I didn't have time to go shopping today, I had to make do with a sandwich for dinner.

Source: Tatoeba