1 matching entry and 68 matching sentences.

Words

雖然
suīrán
although; even though (often used correlatively with 可是 shì or 但是 dànshì etc)

Sentences

湯姆雖然說了一套,但依然懷疑瑪麗。

Tom is suspicious of Mary even though he declares otherwise.

Source: Tatoeba

她雖然可愛,但是我不喜歡她。

She may be cute, but I don't like her.

Source: Tatoeba

雖然她有許多缺點,但我卻情不自禁地愛著她。

I cannot help loving her in spite of her many faults.

Source: Tatoeba

雖然他道歉了,但我還是很生氣。

Even though he apologized, I'm still furious.

Source: Tatoeba

他雖然年輕卻很值得信賴。

He might be young but he's trustworthy.

Source: Tatoeba

雖然我行過死蔭的幽谷,也不怕遭害, 因為你與我同在;你的杖,你的竿,都安慰我。

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

Source: Tatoeba

雖然我喜歡大蒜,但因為很臭,所以很少吃。

I like garlic but, because of the smell, I rarely eat it.

Source: Tatoeba

從小開始我就很喜歡讀書,那時有的錢雖然不多,但也都全花在書本上。

From childhood I was fond of reading, and all the little money that ever came into my hands was laid out in books.

Source: Tatoeba

雖然我只是在網上看了幾則新聞,但也大概知道了整件事的來龍去脈。

I'm only reading the scraps on news on the Internet, but, well, I get the general picture.

Source: Tatoeba

雖然他很小心,但還是犯了個想不到的錯誤。

Careful as he was, he made an unexpected mistake.

Source: Tatoeba

他雖然窮,但生活卻過得很快樂。

Even though he was poor, he was happy.

Source: Tatoeba

這些電池,雖然是新的,但是沒用。

Although these batteries are new, they don't work.

Source: Tatoeba

雖然她在日本被撫養長大,但是她精通英語。

She has a good command of English though she was brought up in Japan.

Source: Tatoeba

瑪麗雖然看起來好像不是很友好,其實她有顆很善良的心。

Mary looks unfriendly, but she is really very kind at heart.

Source: Tatoeba

這本字典雖然很貴,但還是值得買的。

This dictionary is very expensive, but is worth buying.

Source: Tatoeba

雖然天氣很冷,但我還是出去了。

Though it was very cold, I went out.

Source: Tatoeba

我哥哥雖然矮小可是很強壯。

My brother is small but strong.

Source: Tatoeba

雖然我住在她家附近,可是也很少見到她。

Although her house is nearby, I seldom see her.

Source: Tatoeba

雖然她節食, 巧克力蛋糕仍然誘惑著她。

Even though she is dieting, the chocolate cake still tempts her.

Source: Tatoeba

他雖然只學了兩年的英文,但也說得不錯。

His English is not bad, seeing that he has studied for only two years.

Source: Tatoeba

雖然激情可能會褪去,卻不容它破壞我們感情上的聯繫。

Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.

Source: Tatoeba

你雖然做 不到一個『最好的人』,可是你卻做得到一個『對對方最好的人』。

Although you can't make it as "the greatest person", you can still be the best person to your partner.

Source: Tatoeba

雖然我已經點了茶, 他還是給了我一杯咖啡。

Although I had ordered tea, he served me coffee.

Source: Tatoeba

雖然我很累,但我也會努力工作的。

Though I am tired, I will work hard.

Source: Tatoeba

雖然已經踏入了新世紀,但是工廠僱用童工的情況還是沒有改善。

At the turn of the century, children still worked in factories.

Source: Tatoeba

他雖然號稱自己是個社會主義者,但是其實他擁有兩套房子還有一輛勞斯萊斯。

He claims to be a socialist, and yet he has two houses and a Rolls Royce.

Source: Tatoeba

雖然受到他們的強烈反對,但我們還是實行了我們的計劃。

In the teeth of their strong opposition, we carried out our plan.

Source: Tatoeba

雖然我很累,但是我已經做了我能做的了。

Although I was tired, I did what I was able to do.

Source: Tatoeba

雖然Jane的手提箱比我的少一個, 她還是說她要提的東西太多了。

Although Jane had one suitcase less than me, she still said she had too much to carry.

Source: Tatoeba

他雖然很累,但是也繼續工作。

Even though he was tired, he went on with his work.

Source: Tatoeba